Date of Birth and Place : 02.05.1947 in Kandlakunta (V), Guntur Dist.
Educational Qualifications :
- Primary education in Siripuram in Guntur District.
- Pre University from Loyola College, Vijayawada.
- M.B.B.S from Guntur Medical College, Kurnool.
- MS General Surgery) from Banaras Hindu University.
Constituency : Elected as MLA from Sattenapalle, Guntur District
Name of the Spouse : Smt. Kodela Sasikala
Children : Daughter-Dr. Vijaya Lakshmi
Son-Dr. Siva Rama Krishna
Son (Deceased) Dr.Satya Narayana
- Established his own practice in Narasaraopeta near Guntur. Being brought up in rural area, he had very much concern to the patients and developed personal touch with the attendants and the villagers who come to console the patients.
- Though he was reluctant to contest, Sri Nandamuri Taraka Rama Rao inspired him to contest election in 1983.
- Knowing the services of Dr. SivaPrasada Rao, Sri N T Rama Rao directly offered Home Ministry to Dr.Kodela and it was record in the country to offer Home Portfolio as a maiden attempt.
- Later Dr. Siva Prasad Rao got very prestigious portfolios such as Civil Supplies, Panchayat Raj, Health and Irrigation. As Irrigation Minister, Almatti issue was taken up at the National Level and National Press remarked whether Dr.Kodela is a Medical doctor or a Doctorate in Civil Engineering.
- In Panchayat Raj, he was Instrumental in establishment of Dwakra Groups and won the appreciation from Gram Panchayat president right upto Zilla Parishat Chairman in developing the perfect systems and four and half lac Dwakra groups were developed.
- In Civil Supplies Department, the distribution System was made flawless and the needy person is made to get his share from the Government.
- Drinking water System in Narasaraopet was improved which solved the drinking problems for next twenty years.
- Foundation for Pulichintala Project was laid by Sri N T Rama Rao when he was the Irrigation Minister.
- As Health Minister, he was instrumental for starting of Basavatarakam Indo American cancer Institute at Hyderabad for cancer treatment to the people at International Standards in the most affordable way. This Cancer Institute was inaugurated by the then Prime Minister Sri Vajpayee.
- The Jewel in his crown is the development of Kotappakonda into a Pilgrim Centre by laying ghat Road. As Part of Eco tourism, gardens were developed for Scenic beauty and thus attracting lakhs of devotees. As Part of Swachh Andhra Pradesh, Dr.Kodela Siva Prasada Rao is actively involved in the Construction of 20,000 individual sannitary Toilets in his Constituency, Sattenapally and intending to promote this activity all over the state.
FOREIGN VISITS :
- In 2014 attended Commonwealth Speaker conference in Yaounde, Cameroon.
- Attend Kuwait Telugu Association Conference held at Kuwait from 27th to 30th May, 2015.
- Attend Swatch Bharath Programme held at Singapore from 18th to 20th June, 2015.
- Visited London, UK to discuss under the connecting the Dots Programme from 6th to 10th September, 2015.
- Attend the Hamburg India Week, 2015 jointly organized by the Gloman Consulting and the Consulate General of India, Hamburg, Germany from 1st to 10th November, 2015.
- Attend Invest-in-East-2016 Colombo, Sri Lanka from 27th to 29th January, 2016.
- Attend the CPA meetings held at Ghana and Uganda from 09.04.2016 to 14.04.2016.
- Attend the 82nd Epozebu held at Brazil from 2nd to 9th May, 2016.
- Attend CPA – National Conference of State Legislatures' Legislative Summit in Chicago, Illinois from 7th to11th August, 2016
- 1983-1985 Member APLA,
- 1985-1989 Member APLA,
- 1987-1988 Minister for Home,
- 1989-1994 Member APLA,
- 1994-1999 Member APLA,
- 1996-1997 Minister for Major Medium Irrigation
- 1997-1999 Minister for Panchayat Raj,
- 1999-2003 Member APLA,
- 2014 Member APLA,
- 20-06-2014 - Speaker, APLA.
- Chairman, Business Advisory Committee.
- Trustee, Dr. Kodela Satyanarayana Memorial charitable trust.
PAST TIME ACTIVITIES :
- Reading literary books
- Listening to Music
- Giving medical treatment to the poor in free time and social activities such as health promotion and women empowerment.